Making jambalaya is a lot easier than spelling it. This version lots to cut down on some of the fats in a traditional jambalaya while keeping the same great flavors. I hope you enjoy!
My Healthier Jambalaya
- 1 TB Vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup Onion
- 1 cup Red pepper diced
- 1/3 cup Carrot
- 1/2 cup Celery chopped
- 1 1/2 cups White rice
- 3 T Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 1/3 cups Chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups Tomato diced, seeds and pulp removed
- 14 oz Turkey kielbasa
- 40 Shrimp
- 1 TB Parsley fresh, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium for 2 minutes.
- Add the onion, carrot, red pepper and celery to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and kielbasa. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Add rice and Old Bay to the pan and mix well. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomato and chicken broth, mix well. Bring to a boil, and then turn to a low-medium heat. Cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- Add shrimp and continue to cook covered for 7-10 minutes, or until the shrimp is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Remove lid and stir in the parsley. Ready to serve!
Calories: 501kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 192mg | Sodium: 1971mg | Potassium: 860mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 3162IU | Vitamin C: 88mg | Calcium: 158mg | Iron: 11mg