I remember the first time that I had a really good key lime pie, it was in Charleston, South Carolina, overlooking the ocean. It was smooth and tart, the crust was crust and delicate. It was perfection. I wanted to make something that was super light, and had different textures. This deconstructed version of a key lime pie takes me back to that restaurant.
Lime Mousse over Graham Cracker Crumble
- 6 Sheets Graham crackers
- 3 T Sugar
- 3 TB Butter
- 3 Limes
- 3 Cups Powdered sugar
- 6 TB Mascarpone
- 6 TB Heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the graham crackers sugar to a food processor and buzz until finely ground.
- Add butter to the graham crackers and mix until the mixture resembles sand. Then lay the mixture out on a sheet pan and bake in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Add all the mousse ingredients to a bowl (except for the lime) and beat with a hand mixer until it thickens. This usually take 3-4 minutes on a medium high setting.
- Add the lime juice and beat for an additional minute.
- Add the graham cracker crumble to a plate and then top with a scoop of the lime mousse.