I love colorful food, and there’s nothing brighter than red cabbage. And it’s very versatile. It can be used cold (in a salad or cole slaw) or it can be cooked. I wanted to create a recipe that used my leftover cabbage for a low carb meal that was filling and satisfying. The way the apple sausage pairs with the cabbage, it just works so well together.
Cabbage and Chicken Sausage
- 2 Cups Purple cabbage shredded
- 2 Links Al Fresco Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage Skinless cut into ½ inch sections
- 2 T Butter
- 1 T Grey poupon
- ½ Cup White wine
- ½ T Salt
- ¼ T Garlic powder
- 2 T Mayonnaise
- Heat large pan over medium.
- Add butter and melt, then add sausage and cabbage. Cook for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Add white wine to deglaze. Add mustard, garlic powder and salt. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add mayonnaise and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.