Some days I really struggle with breakfast. I have tons of options, but when I get into a slump, nothing sounds (or looks) good. This particular morning, I looked in the fridge and saw some left over rice and thought why not a stir fry? I love the way the egg yolk, and the little bit of salsa, mixes into the stir fry and creates a creamy sauce. I over make rice now, just so this is on the menu the next morning.
Breakfast Stir Fry
- ¼ cup Red pepper diced
- 2 cups Cooked Rice
- 2 Eggs
- 2 T Butter
- 2 Sausage patties
- 2 T Vegetable oil
- ¼ Cup Onion diced
- 1-2 TB Salsa
- Heat large pan over medium, add sausage and breakup with your utensil. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add onion and pepper, cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add rice and butter. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add oil and then the egg. Mix well into the dish.
- Serve with salsa on the side.