If you're a fan of chocolate and cherry, this dessert might be right up your alley. I create single portion tart shells by using chocolate graham crackers and pressing the crumbs into a cupcake pan. The cream cheese filling adds richness to the dessert, while the cherry pie filling makes for an easy finish.
Black Forest Tarts
- 10 oz. Chocolate graham crackers
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 TB Sugar
- 4 TB Cream Cheese
- 1 TB Heavy cream
- 2 Cups Powdered sugar
- 1/2 T Vanilla
- 12 oz. Cherry pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a food processor, add graham crackers and pulse until the crackers almost resemble flour.
- Add sugar and butter and pulse again until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- In a cupcake baking tray, press the graham cracker mixture into the molds. Make sure you press against both the bottoms and the sides to form a cup. Then put in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Place on the counter and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Turn the tray over and gently remove the chocolate cups.
- Beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add half of the powdered sugar and vanilla and then beat with the mixer.
- Add the second half of the powdered sugar and beat with the mixer.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream until it forms soft peak, then add to the cream cheese mixture. Beat with the mixer until it’s smooth.
- Pipe the cream cheese mixture into each chocolate cup, about half way (to 2/3s) full.
- Top with a scoop of cherry pie filling.
- That’s it, enjoy!!