My coconut curry is a simple and fast dinner for any weeknight. It uses both white and dark meat chicken that is cooked in a rich sauce. Serve it with rice or your favorite naan.
Coconut Curry Chicken
- 6 Boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 2 Chicken breasts cut into large chunks -- 3 chunks/ breast
- 1 Can Coconut milk
- 1 Cup Tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 TB Curry powder
- 1 TB Tomato paste
- 1/4 T Garlic powder
- 1/2 T Onion powder
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Cup Basmati rice
- 1/3 Cup Cilantro finely chopped
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, about 1/2 T each.
- Heat large pan over medium and add the curry powder, garlic salt and onion powder. Cook for a minute.
- Add the tomato paste and mix around, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato sauce and coconut milk, mix well to combine. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, and stir occasionally.
- Remove the lid and allow the chicken to cook without the lid for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve over rice with the cilantro as a garnish.
- I hope you enjoy!
Calories: 718kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 63g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 233mg | Sodium: 652mg | Potassium: 1375mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 513IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 7mg