Fresh mozzarella and Italian sausage, I could make a meal out of it. Putting both in a pasta bake, that's heaven to my ears. I love mixing the mozzarella into the pasta as well as placing some on top to melt.
Italian Sausage and Fresh Mozzarella Pasta Bake
- 1 TB Olive oil
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage
- 4 cloves Garlic
- ½ T Onion powder
- 1 T Salt
- 1 TB Sugar
- 1 T Oregano
- 1 T Basil
- 2 ½ Cup Tomato sauce
- 2 TB Butter
- 12 oz. Pasta
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Diced fresh
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add Italian sausage to a large pan over medium heat. Breakup with your utensil and cook for 7-9 minutes.
- Add pasta to the water and cook according to package.
- Add the garlic to the sausage, cook for 1 minute.
- Add onion powder, salt, sugar, oregano, basil and tomato sauce to the sausage and stir.
- Spray your casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Drain pasta and then add to the sausage, along with the butter. Coat the pasta in the sauce, and then empty into your casserole dish.
- Add ½ of the mozzarella and stir into the pasta. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella on top of the pasta.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes.
Calories: 747kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 2887mg | Potassium: 826mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 907IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 185mg | Iron: 4mg