I’ve always had an issue with getting the exact amount of prime rib for dinner. If I’m cooking for just the fam, I tend to overdo it. If we’re hosting, it’s all over the place. I’ll buy what I think is too much and I’ll be short, then there’s times when I think I don’t buy enough and I have leftovers. My standard now is to go with more than I think I’ll ever need. That way I can enjoy a leftover prime rib sub. This sub includes melt cheese and a horseradish sauce over a soft roll.
Leftover Prime Rib Sub
- 4 Slices Provolone
- 1-2 lb Prime Rib leftover
- 4 buns
- 1 TB Olive oil
- 2 TB butter
- ½ Onion
- 1/2 T Salt
- 4 TB Horseradish sauce
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add oil and onion. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Add prime rib strips to the onion and cook until the meat is warmed. About 7 minutes.
- Butter the buns and place them under the broiler until the edges start browning.
- Pull the buns out, add the meat and onions, cover with provolone cheese and put back in the oven long enough to melt the cheese.
- Remove from the oven and serve with horseradish sauce!