This soup recipe is a cold weather heart warmer. It’s something that gets better as it simmers. The flavors that you get from the chicken (skin and bone-in) is something I look forward to eating in the fall and winter. This low carb will not only satisfy your taste buds but also your waistline goals.
Chicken, Mushroom and Bean Soup
- 3 Split chicken breast
- 10 oz. Baby bella mushroom
- 15 oz. Cannellini Beans
- 1 Carrot
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Onion
- 2 1/2 Cups Chicken broth
- 2 TB Butter
- 1 TB Olive oil
- 3 TB Flour
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 5 Slices Bacon
- 1 1/2 T Balsamic vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper the chicken.
- Add butter and oil to a large pot, such as a dutch oven, set to medium heat. Allow to melt and heat for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken and brown on the first side (about 5 minutes), flip and add bacon, then cook about 5 more minutes.
- Add mushrooms, onions and carrots. Cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and scrap up all the bits on the bottom of the pot.
- Combine water, flour and vinegar into a small bowl and mix well to create a slurry.
- Pour the slurry into the pot and mix well to incorporate.
- Cover the pot and reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook (uncovered) for an additional 20 minutes.