This recipe pairs my love of oatmeal cookies with my love of pumpkin. I tone back the sugar and butter of the cookie so they come out with a hint of sweetness and a little more of a muffin consistency, which is a perfect match for the cream cheese frosting. I hope you enjoy!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookie
- 1/2 stick Butter softened to room temp
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 T Vanilla
- 7 oz Pumpkin puree
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 1/4 Cup Oats 1 minute oats
- 1/4 Cup Raisins
- 1/4 Cup White chocolate morsels
- 1/4 Cup Pecans
- 1 T Baking soda
- 1 T Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 T Salt
- 2 Oz Cream cheese
- 1 T Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cup Powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar together.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and pumpkin to the mixer and beat to incorporate.
- Add all the remaining ingredients into a separate bowl. Stir to combine.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet, mixing by hand. The batter will be thick.
- Scoop the batter onto a sheet tray. Bake in oven for 14-17 minutes.
- remove from the oven and allow to cool for a minute, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Add the cream cheese and vanilla to a bowl and mix with a hand mixer. Beat for 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 cup of powdered sugar into the bowl and beat until incorporated. Continue to add the remaining sugar and mix until all ingredients are combined into a smooth frosting.
- Smear a good amount of frosting on each cookie and serve!