As big of a fan as I am for crepes, this recipe was a no brainer. It's a cake that is made by layers and layers of crepes with frosting and chocolate crumbs. It's a dessert that is perfect for the fall and you could really swap out any kind of filling. I went with the graham crackers because I love the texture. There's a hint of mint from the pulverized candy cane, and I love finishing with some crushed up oreoes on top for fun.
Chocolate Graham Cracker and Oreo Crepe Cake
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Milk Use Soy milk if dairy free
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoons Butter Smart balance if dairy free
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- 4 Eggs
Filling & Topping
- 10 Oz Vanilla Frosting
- 14 oz Chocolate Graham Crackers probably won't need all
- 12 Oreo cookies
- Add batter ingredients to the blender and mix well.
- Heat a medium sized pan over medium and spray with a little cooking oil. Spoon some batter and twirl the pan so that the batter coats the bottom of the pan, it’s about 1/3 of a cup.
- Wait until it doesn’t look “wet” anymore, about 2 minutes, and then flip.
- After another 1 minute, slide off onto a plate. I've found that after you spray the pan for the first crepe, you don't need to spray again. But that first time, definitely spray.
- Place the crepe on a plate and cover with a square of wax paper. Continue to make crepes and stack until you get about a dozen. Wrap the stack in plastic wrap and place in the fridge until you assemble.
- Place the graham crackers in a food processor and pulse until the crackers are broken up. They don't have to be super fine crumbs.
- To assemble, place your first crepe on a cake stand and spread a thin layer of frosting over the crepes. Add a crepes and then a sprinkling of the graham crackers. Then repeat this process with the rest of the crepes. Leaving the top of the crepe cake bare for now.
- Place the oreos in a food processor and pulse until they are broken up. They don't have to be super fine crumbs.
- For the topping, add a thicker layer of frosting, and then sprinkle the top with your oreo cookies.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!