My cinnamon oatmeal is another of my basic recipes. I really want to provide some everyday, simple meals that I eat all the time. I think the hardest part of managing a meal plan is making things that are simple yet flavorful, so this is one of my favorites. I truly eat this at least twice a week, I’m a sucker for brown sugar. The oatmeal cooks within 5 minutes, the brown sugar melts on top of the oatmeal and the milk adds a creaminess (and cools the oatmeal off.) Growing up, my mom would always make a well in the center of the oatmeal and add a ½ TB pat of butter. If you want to add, go for it, but I leave it out these days.
Cinnamon Oatmeal with Brown Sugar
- ¾ Cup Quaker Oats Instant oatmeal
- 1 ½ Cups water
- ½ T Cinnamon
- 1 ½ TB Brown sugar
- ½ Cup Milk
- Bring water to a boil in a small pot.
- Add oatmeal and cinnamon and stir continuously. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour oatmeal in bowl and top with brown sugar.
- You can add a pat of butter (1/2 to 1 TB) if you want to make it a lot richer.
- I gradually add milk to the oatmeal as I eat, not all at once.
- An easy, basic recipe that is flavorful!