My middle child loves apples with a passion. I recently asked her what 5 things would you buy at the grocery store, and each item had apple . Apples, apple pie, apple turnover (I had flashbacks of Forest Gump.) The apples in this recipe are still a touch firm, but are in a wonderful gooey sauce. Combine the apple flavor with the cinnamon pancakes, and it a perfect way to start a fall day.
Apple Pie Spiced Pancakes with Apple Slices
- 2 Cups Pancake Mix I like Bisquick
- 1 Eggs
- 1 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 T Apple Pie Spice
- 1 TB Sugar
- 1 TB Butter
- 1/3 TB Flour
- 3 Granny smith apples cut in slices
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 T Cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup Maple syrup
- Mix pancake batter ingredients and set aside.
- Add butter to a medium pan over medium heat. Add apples and cook for 7-10 minutes. Add flour and coat with apples. Add water, cinnamon and sugar to the apples and cook until it thickens, about 5-7 minutes.
- Heat a griddle or large pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and ladle (or spoon) pancake batter to form 4 inch round pancakes. Cook for 5 minutes, then flip and cook another 4 minutes.
- Plate the pancakes, add the apples and drizzle with maple syrup. Enjoy!!