Rum raisin bread pudding is a wonderful fall recipe that will definitely hit the spot. The raisin’s provide a natural sweetness to the dessert while the rum gives it a really rich intense flavor. Plus, you get to set things on fire. That’s fun.
Rum Raisin Bread Pudding
- 2 Cups Bread cut into cubes
- 1/3 Cup Raisins
- 1 Cup Milk room temperature
- 3 TB Butter
- 1/3 Cup Rum
- 1/3 Cup Brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small pan, heat the butter until melted.
- Add the brown sugar and stir to mix. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the bourbon and light on fire. Cook for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk with the melted butter rum syrup. Mix well to incorporate. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Beat the beat and add to the milk mixture.
- Add bread and raisins to the bowl and fold all ingredients together with a rubber spatula.
- Spray a 8x8 casserole dish, something that's deep, with cooking spray. Make sure you get the bottom and sides. Pour the bread pudding mix into the casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes, until the center isn't wet.
- Scoop and serve! Enjoy!
Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 494mg | Potassium: 290mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 283IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 173mg | Iron: 3mg