My hot Italian sausage sub is something I grew up eating. It's a hearty, saucy, cheesy meal that will make any weeknight special. I love the tang the banana peppers give, which really works well with the cold cuts. The bonus is that it’s pretty fast to pull together. I hope you enjoy and let me know what you think!
Hot Italian Sub
- 1/4 lb Salami about 12 slices
- 1/4 lb Ham about 12 slices
- 1/4 lb Pepperoni about 24 slices
- 4 Sub Buns
- Banana Pepper
- 1 lb Ground Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 Cup Mozzarella
- 1 Cup Pizza Sauce
- Shape your Italian sausage into patties which are the same size of your buns. Try to press each patty down to be as thin as possible.
- Add patties to a cold pan and then turn heat to medium. Cook 5 – 6 minutes.
- Add mozzarella cheese to the patties, cover and cook another 5 – 6 minutes or until no longer pink.
- While the sausage cooks, cut sub buns in half, spread with a thin layer of butter and then place under broiler for 5 minutes.
- Add your slices of ham, salami and pepperoni to the toasted buns.
- Top the cold cuts with the sausage patties, add banana peppers and pizza sauce.
- Cut in half and serve with a cold pasta/fruit salad. I hope you enjoy!