My Mexican Lasagne is wonderful weekend meal for the summer time. It’s constructed with charred corn tortillas, which provides a ton of flavor, as well as two types of beans (black beans and refried beans. The meal includes ground turkey, which makes it a little healthier than some more traditional options. I hope you enjoy. Reach out an let me know what recipes are your favorite!
- 12 Corn Tortilla wraps
- 1 Package Corn frozen
- 1 TB Vegetable oil
- 1 lb. Ground turkey 85/15
- ¼ Cup Taco seasoning
- 2/3 Cup Water
- 15.5 oz Black beans
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1 T Salt
- 15.5 oz Refried beans
- 2 Cups Cheddar cheese
- 2 Cups Lettuce shredded
- Sour cream/guacamole to serve
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toast the corn tortillas and set aside. To do this, I place the corn tortillas over the gas cook top, directly on the grates. You want to get a slight char on each of the tortillas. If you want you can do this over the grill or under a broiler, you can do that.
- Add oil to a large pan over medium heat and warm for one minute. Add ground turkey and cook for 10 minutes or until no longer pink breaking up with any utensil is you go.
- Add the seasoning and water to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- While your turkey is cooking, mix the black beans and corn into a bowl. Add 1/3 cup of salsa and a ½ tsp of salt, mix.
- Add refried beans to microwave safe bowl and mix in a 1/3 cup of salsa and a ½ tsp of salt mix until well combined. Microwave refried beans for 2 minutes set aside.
- To assemble, lay four corn tortillas in the bottom of a lasagne dish.
- Cover with a thin layer of refrain beans, then sprinkle a 1/3 - 1/2 cup of cheese on top and then add another layer of corn tortillas.
- On top of the 2nd layer of corn tortillas, add in your corn and black bean mixture, then covered with another 1/3 to ½ cup of cheese. Cover that with your last layer of corn tortillas then add in your meat on top of that cover the entire casserole with the remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with a mound of lettuce your favorite salsa sour cream and guacamole.