My almost veggie pizza incorporates a lot of my favorite ingredients to make a flavor bomb of a pizza. I use roasted red peppers (from the jar), feta cheese, black olives and fresh tomatoes straight from my garden. I top the whole thing with a few slices of prosciutto, which makes it my almost veggie pizza (feel free to leave off if you want 100% veggie.) The key of this recipe is the crust. I make the dough a little thicker and grill it for even more flavor. It’s a perfect combination of crunchy and chewy.
Almost Veggie Pizza
- Pizza dough recipe
- 16 oz Pizza sauce
- 1 TB Vegetable oil
- ½ T Salt
- 2 Cups Mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz Roasted red bell peppers
- 1/2 Cup Feta
- 1/2 Cup Black olives
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 8-10 slices Prosciutto cut into thin strips
- ½ T Salt
- Start with the dough recipe below. When there’s about 20 minutes left on the resting time for the dough, start the pepper.
- This recipe should make two large pizzas.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat grill to medium.
- For the dough, first lay out a couple pieces of plastic wrap on your work surface, and then flour it. This wrap will help aid the transfer of the pizza to the grill.
- On the plastic wrap, roll out the dough to a size that will fit your grill.
- Brush the dough with the oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Slide your hand under the plastic, lift and carry the dough out to the grill.
- This part is tricky! In a quick motion, place the dough on the grill and quickly pull back the plastic before it sticks to the grill.
- Leave on the grill until you can see the grill makes have formed on the bottom. About 5 minutes. Brush the side facing up with oil and then flip. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Remove from grill onto a baking sheet.
- Spread a generous layer of pizza sauce, then layer on your toppings. Bake for 15 minutes in the oven.
- That’s it! I hope you enjoy!