A beet salad is a wonderful way to enjoy this healthy vegetable. Adding the goat cheese is a classic combination that offers a little punch of creaminess. Instead of a balsamic dressing, I wanted to keep it a little lighter and just used a store bought Italian. I hope you enjoy!
- 3 Beets
- 1 TB EVOO
- ½ T Salt
- 6 Cups Arugula
- 2-3 oz. Goat cheese
- ¼ Cup Walnuts
- ¼ Cup Italian Salad dressing
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Peel the beets, then cut them into bite size pieces
- Toss beets in oil and salt, place on a baking sheet and put into the oven. Cook for 25-30 minutes, then remove and let cool to room temperature.
- Put arugula and walnuts into a large bowl. Break the goat cheese into small pieces (I cut with a knife) and scatter ontop of the the arugula. Add the beets and salad dressing, mix to combine. Taste and season. I hope you enjoy!