Looking for a low fat and refreshing dessert option? Then try my grape sorbet recipe! This is one I created because I wanted to celebrate my love for grape jelly. I use jam grapes (or concord grapes) to create a simple base and them churn it the next day into a wonderful summer treat. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 Cup Jam Grapes
- Add the sugar and water to a small pot and heat over medium until the sugar dissolves.
- Let the mixture cool for about an hour.
- Rinse your grapes and put into a blender.
- Add the sugar water to the blender and puree.
- To make sure the sorbet is smooth, I use a chinois to strain the seeds out. Feel free to use a fine mesh strainer.
- Push the liquid through the strainer and into a bowl.
- Put the base in the fridge overnight, and if required, place ice cream maker in freezer.
The Next Day
- Setup your ice cream maker. Turn it on, add the base and sit back and wait. I have a KitchenAid ice cream attachment and it takes about 10 minutes.
- That's it! You can serve it as is, or put it back into the freezer for a few hours to harden a little more.