Bulgur is a very healthy grain, and a blank slate to add flavor. This is a great option for lunch because it's filling and satisfying (for me because I love feta.) I hope you enjoy, and thanks for visiting!
Cold Greek Salad with Bulgur Wheat
- 1 Cup Bulgur
- 1 TB Grapeseed oil plus 1 T
- 1/2 TB Fresh dill
- 1/4 T Garlic salt
- 1 Lemon juice and zest
- 1/2 Cup Cucumber diced
- 1/3 Cup Red onion diced
- 1/2 Cup Feta
- Cook bulgur according to the package.
- Add cooked bulgur and 1 T of olive oil. Stir and then let cool to room temperature.
- Add remaining ingredients (except for feta) to the bulgur. Mix well.
- Serve with a sprinkling of feta cheese on top. This also makes a great side for grilled chicken!
- For lunches, in the morning, pack bulgur salad in a container with feta in a snack baggie. You're all set to enjoy a wonderful Greek salad that will make your coworkers jealous!
Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 435mg | Potassium: 156mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 53IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 1mg