A lemon butter sauce can add a rich and tart accent to a number of dishes. Whether you’re having pan seared fish or roasted vegetables, this sauce will elevate your meal. It’s fairly simple to make, and with a slurry of melted butter and flour, it cuts back on the amount of butter needed. I hope you enjoy!
Lemon Butter Sauce
- 1 Shallot Diced
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 2 Bay leaves
- ½ TB Flour
- 4 TB Butter
- 2 inch Lemon Peel
- 4 TB Chicken Broth
- ½ T Salt
- Add white wine, shallots and lemon peel to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, melt butter.
- Add water and flour to the butter and mix until there are no lumps remaining. Slowly whisk the slurry into the wine reduction.
- The sauce will thicken as you cook, for another 5 minutes.