This veggie quesadilla is one of my recent home runs. It uses portbello mushrooms and red peppers to create a ton of flavor. The two cheese combine for a wonderfully gooey meal that will make you forget about the chicken or steak. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 Zucchini Cut in thin rounds
- 4 Baby Portobello mushroom caps Cut into strips
- 1 Red pepper Cut into strips
- 1 Onion Cut into strips
- 1 Ear Corn Corn kernels cut from the cob
- 1 TB Butter
- 8 Wraps
- 1 TB Vegetable oil
- ½ T Salt
- 1 Cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 Cup Cheddar cheese
- 1 T Chili powder
- ½ T Ground coriander
- Heat large pan over medium and add oil. Warm for a couple minutes.
- Add onions and peppers, cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and salt, cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Add corn, butter, zucchini, chili powder and ground coriander. Cook for 6-8 minutes, then take off heat.
- To make the quesadilla, place a wrap onto your pan or griddle and then scoop some of the veggies onto the wrap. Spread the veggies so they create a thin layer covering the entire wrap. Cover veggies with cheese and then cover with a second wrap. Cook for a total of 5 minutes (starting when you first put the wrap on the pan/griddle.)
- Flip the quesadilla and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cut into 6 large sections (or 8 small sections.)
- That's it! Serve with sour cream, lettuce and guacamole to serve