One way to get a lot of protein, with not a lot of fat, is chicken sausage. This is a quick flavorful option for lunch or dinner. The mustard makes this dish special by adding an unexpected tang.
Chicken Sausage Pasta with Mustard Sauce
- 5 Sweet apple chicken sausage links Al Fresco brand
- 1 ½ Cups Orichette
- 1 TB Butter
- ½ TB Stone Ground Mustard or grey poupon
- 1/2 Cup Pasta Water may not need it all
- ¼ T Salt
- Bring large pot of water to a boil and add pasta. Cook according to box directions, typically 10 to 12 minutes.
- Heat large pan over medium and add butter.
- Slice the chicken sausage links into half inch sections add to the pan, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add pasta, the pasta water, and mustard cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the kale, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- That’s it! Serve with some good bread toasted with a little butter to mop up the mustard sauce.
Calories: 378kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 1573mg | Potassium: 84mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 464IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg