I'm a sauce guy. I love dipping, covering or drizzling something whenever I get a chance. This is an easy grill recipe that comes with a wonderful sauce. The grilled pork chop marries so well with this simple sauce, made from a homemade broth.
Grilled Pork Chops with Gravy
- 6 Pork chops 4 for serving, 2 for sauce
- 2 ½ Cups Water
- ¼ Onion chopped
- 1 clove Garlic chopped
- ½ T Salt
- 3 TB Butter
- 2 1/2 TB Flour
- 1/4 T Black Pepper
- Creating the broth for the gravy. Combine water, onion, garlic and two pork chops in a sauce pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium high.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper and then add to the grill. Cook for 10 minutes (5 on each side).
- Right after adding the pork chops to the grill, strain the broth into a bowl. In a medium pan over medium heat, add butter and melt. Add flour and mix well to combine (making a rue.) Gradually add the broth into the rue, whisking to combine. Once all the broth has been added, continue to stir over low heat until ready to serve.
- Remove pork from the grill and tent for 5 minutes with foil.
- Serve pork with gravy on the side. Enjoy!
Calories: 410kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 158mg | Sodium: 1053mg | Potassium: 760mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 266IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg