This pasta celebrates one of my favorite spring crops, asparagus! One of the only things my dad hated to eat, I was late to the game on this one, but absolutely love it now. The asparagus tops trap all the wonderful flavor that the mascarpone and sun-dried tomatoes provide. I hope you enjoy this quick weeknight meal!
Spaghetti with Chicken, Asparagus and Sun-dried Tomatoes
- ½ lb Spaghetti
- 1.5 lb Chicken breast
- 1 TB Olive oil
- 1 TB Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1.5 Cups Asparagus tops the rest for soup
- 1/3 Cup Sun-dried tomatoes diced
- 1 TB Tomato paste
- 1 Cup Pasta water
- 2 TB Mascarpone
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan
- 1 T Salt
- 1-2 TB Parsley fresh
- Bring large pot of water to a boil.
- Heat large pan over medium. Add oil and allow to warm for a minute.
- Add chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 8-10 minutes. Scoop chicken from the pan and set aside to keep warm.
- Add the spaghetti to the boiling water. Cook for 11 minutes.
- Right after you add your pasta, and in the same pan you cooked the chicken in, add butter and asparagus. Cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Add back in the chicaken and add the garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook for 1 minute.
- With a laddle, scoop out some of the pasta water and place in a measuring cup. Add about 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Add the parmesan and mascarpone cheese, along with salt. Cook for 8 minnutes. Add more water as you go if you want the sauce to be a little more runny.
- Add in the parsley and stir to combine. That's it, time for dinner