I love tacos! Everyone in my family loves them. The issue is that we have them so often, I'm afraid my picky eaters will get sick of them. So I created this recipe to use the same flavors and give them something close to what they are use to. Using the farro and ground turkey meat, it's an upgrade in the health quality of the dish. I hope you enjoy!
Taco Meatballs with Farro and Chipotle Mayo
- 1.5 lb. Ground turkey
- 1 oz. Taco seasoning
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup Cheddar cheese
- 2 TB Ketchup
- ½ T Salt
- 1/3 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 Cup Farro Cooked according to package
- 1 Cup Corn
- ½ T Paprika
- ½ T Chili powder
- 2 TB Butter
- 1 TB Lime juice
- 1 TB Chipotle see note
- 2 TB Mayonnaise
- ½ TB Honey
- 1/8 T Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the ketchup, taco seasoning, salt, egg and cheddar cheese into a bowl and mix to combine. This is so all that flavor is evenly mixed in the meat.
- Add the breadcrumbs, mix and then add the meat. Mix all ingredients with your hands.
- Form the meat into Ping-Pong sized meatballs, placing them on a cookie sheet.
- Put the meatballs into the oven and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Place into oven for another 5-8 minutes.
- Heat large pan over medium high.
- Add 1 TB Butter and melt.
- Add farro and corn and mix to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.