Bibimbap is one of my all-time favorite Korean dishes I absolutely love it it mixes bulgogi with a creamy egg with crunchy rice and it is phenomenal it's hard to get the crunchy rice recreated at home it's something that you just I find you have to really eat out to achieve but this recipe I think gets those flavors of the bip and Bop and I hope you enjoy.
- 1 lb Steak Top Sirloin
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Cups Rice Cooked
- 8 Oz Spinach Fresh
- 8 Oz White button mushroom Sliced
- 3 Carrots Cut into thin sticks (julienne)
- 1 Bell Pepper Cut into thin sticks (julienne)
- 2.5 TB Grapeseed oil
- 1 T Butter
- ½ T Minced Garlic
- 1/4 T Sesame oil
- 1/2 T Salt
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 inch knob Ginger diced
- 1 TB Sugar
- 1 T Sesame oil
- ½ T Sesame Seeds toasted
- ¼ T Black Pepper
- 3 Green onions finely chopped
- 3 TB Soy Sauce
- 1 Clove Garlic
- ¼ T grated Ginger
- 2 T Sugar
- ½ T Sesame oil
- ½ T Sesame Seeds toasted
- Dash Black Pepper
- 2 Green onions finely chopped
- 2 TB Soy Sauce
- ½ T Siracha
- Put your steak into your freezer for 20 to 25 minutes so it hardens a little, which makes it easier to cut.
- Place steak on a cutting board and cut into half inch slices.
- Combine all ingredients of the marinade into a bowl, then pour into a Ziploc baggie along with the meat. Put into the fridge and let rest overnight.
- Add all your sauce ingredients (except for the green onion) into a small pot, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- I like to cook all the veggies first, because the steak is fairly quick. Each vegetable, I cook individually. Add 1 T of oil to a pan over medium heat. Add carrots and a little salt. Cook for 6-7 minutes, until they soft. Remove to bowl and set aside. Wipe the pan clean and do the same for the bell peppers and mushrooms.
- For the spinach, wipe the pan clean after the previous step, and heat 1 T oil. Add garlic and spinach. Saute for a few minutes, then add seasame oil and a splash of soy sauce. Cook until wilted down, another 3 minutes. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- For the steak, heat a pan or griddle to medium-high heat and spray with a little Pam.
- Place the steak on the pan and cook for just a couple minutes on each side. You’ll get a little color and that’s what you want, Image result for caramelization.
- While the steak cooks, get the eggs and crispy rice ready. In a separate pan melt butter over medium heat and add eggs. Cover with a lid and cook until the egg whites are no longer runny, and some white starts to form on the yolks. about 3-4 minutes.
- For the crispy rice, mix 1/3 to 1/2 cup of the cooked rice with 1 - 2 TB of oil. Work the oil into the rice, then layout on a foil lined sheet pan. Place under the broiler for 5-7 minutes. You want them to get some color and be crunchy.
- To assemble, scoop rice onto a plate, place the veggies in sections along the outside of the rice. Cover the rice with the bulgogi, then the egg, and then the crispy rice. Drizzle with the sauce.
- I hope you enjoy!!