I created my coconut curry recipe in order to have something fast for lunches during the week. It's a recipe that is low in ingredients but high is flavor. It’s also very quick to make. The middle eastern flavors of the dish really shine, and the cilantro at the end is a boost of freshness. I like to use lentils because they are very healthy for you and very low in calories. It’s a great option to take for lunch, but can also be served with a veggie forward salad and fruit as a dinner. I hope you enjoy!
Coconut Curry Pork & Lentils
- ¾ cup Lentils
- 1 lb Ground pork
- 13.66 oz can Light coconut milk
- ½ T Salt
- ¼ cup Cilantro or thai basil
- 1 TB Curry powder
- Add lentils to a pot, cover with 3 cups of water. Cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- Heat a large pan over medium and add ground pork cook pork. Breaking up the pork with a wooden utensil, and cool until no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Add lentils and stir to incorporate.
- Mix in the salt and curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk then simmer for 15 minutes, until the liquid has reduced by half.
- To plate, sprinkle fresh cilantro on top. Serve with naan.