My Blackberry Jalapeno sauce is a sweet and spicy burst of flavor. I created the recipe for a pork dish I had just cooked, but the uses are endless. If you make pancakes or waffles, you could spice it up with this sauce. Grilled chicken would also be a great main dish to serve this with. I hope you enjoy!
Blackberry Jalapeno Sauce
- 2 Jalapenos
- 2 Cups blackberry
- ½ T Salt
- 2 TB Butter
- 1 TB Brown Sugar
- 3 TB White Wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 TB Molasses
- Add chicken broth, vinegar, jalapenos and blackberries to a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Strain the sauce through a fine mesh strainer.
- Return sauce to a pot over medium and add salt and molasses. Simmer for 10 minutes.