What a way to wake up! It’s a bacony, cheesy and creamy breakfast that will be sure to fill your belly. I like to use frozen hash browns in order to save time, considering you’ll be making a gravy (too many steps in the early morning make me grumpy.) I hope you enjoy!
Hash Browns with Bacon Gravy
- 2 Cups Frozen Hash Browns
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 8 Slices Bacon
- 1 TB Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 T Salt
- 1 TB Bacon Drippings/Grease
- 1 TB Flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/8 T Pepper
- ¼ T Salt
- Add oil to a large pan over medium high heat, let heat for 2 minutes.
- Add frozen potatoes. The hash browns should be in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and cook for 5 – 6 minutes.
- Shake the pan and move the potatoes around so other sides get browned. Cook, shaking and moving, for another 12 minutes.
- Place bacon, in a single layer, on a cold pan or griddle. Turn heat to medium. Cook bacon, flipping often for 12 minutes.
- Remove bacon to a paper toweled line plate.
- To get the bacon grease, place a fine mesh strainer over a glass container. Pour the drippings through the strainer to remove all the burnt pieces of bacon.
- Add bacon drippings to a pan over medium heat.
- Add flour and mix to combine a paste, cook for 1 minute.
- Add milk, ¼ at a time, stirring to incorporate well each time.
- Add pepper.
- To plate, add a portion of hash browns, cover with gravy, add a couple slices of bacon and then top with cheddar cheese. Enjoy!