I love breakfast. I love waking up and cooking something to start the day right. My breakfast quesadilla is a way to enjoy sausage and eggs in a form other than sandwich or just on the plate. The sausage gravy is a great addition, as it adds a little creaminess to the dish and allows you to dip your quesadilla for the perfect amount.
- 8 Sausage patties
- 1 TB Butter plus some for the wraps
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 T Salt
- 6 Wraps
- 1 1/2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Green Onion
For the Sausage (and gravy)
- Place sausage in cold pan and then turn to medium heat. Cook your sausage until no longer pink, breaking up with your utensil, about 10 minutes.
- Remove all sausage to a bowl and cover to keep warm. It's time to make the gravy. Add butter to the pan and melt.
- Add flour and mix into the butter to make a loose paste.
- Add milk, ¼ cup at a time, stirring to incorporate each time.
For the Eggs
- Add the ½ TB butter to a medium pan over medium heat. Crack eggs into a bowl and scramble. Add the eggs to the pan and cook until no longer runny.
To Make the Quesadilla
- Assemble the Quesadilla: Butter one side of the tortilla and place on your griddle (or pan), then cover with eggs, sausage, green onion and cheese.
- Top with the second tortilla (spread a thin layer of butter on the top side of the tortilla prior to adding. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, and then flip. Cook until the tortilla is browns, another 5 minutes.
- Remove to a cutting board and cut the quesadilla into 6 to 8 slices. Serve with the gravy.