Today's recipe celebrates pumpkin in breakfast form. My pumpkin crepes are so creamy and good, it's the perfect way to start the day. Hope you enjoy!
Pumkin Cream Cheese Crepes
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Milk Use Soy milk if dairy free
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoons Butter Smart balance if dairy free
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese Tofutti Cream Cheese if dairy free
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 T Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 T Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/3 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts Crushed
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
For the Crepes
- Add batter ingredients to the blender and mix well. Some people say to mix the eggs and flour together first, but when my kids start screaming for food, nah, I just dump.
- Heat a medium sized pan over medium and spray with a little cooking oil. Spoon some batter and twirl the pan so that the batter coats the bottom of the pan, it’s about 1/3 of a cup.
- Wait until it doesn’t look “wet” anymore, about 2 minutes, and then flip.
- After another 1 minute, slide off onto a plate. I've found that after you spray the pan for the first crepe, you don't need to spray again. But that first time, definitely spray.
For the Filling
- Add vanilla to the cream cheese and then beat until smooth and softened.
- Start adding the powdered sugar, 1/3 of a cup at a time. Each time you add the sugar, beat until the filling is completely smooth, and all powdered sugar is incorporated.
- Add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice and beat one last time.
- Lay one of the crepes on a plate and add a line of filling down the center of the crepe. Fold in half and then roll into a log.
- Dust the crepes with powdered sugar and then top with walnuts. Enjoy!
Serving: 4g | Calories: 628kcal | Carbohydrates: 88g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 179mg | Sodium: 677mg | Potassium: 372mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 10951IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 135mg | Iron: 5mg