Pudding is one of my all time favorite treats. Whether it's vanilla, chocolate, butterscotch or maple, I'm a fan. Today, I'm making coconut. This is a wonderful option for those looking to avoid dairy, or those looking to embrace the wonderful flavor of coconut. Have a favorite flavor, just let me know and I can make it a pudding recipe!
- 13.66 Oz. Can unsweetened coconut milk already has guar gum
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/8 T Salt
- 2 TB Cornstarch
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 TB Butter
- In a double boiler add sugar and egg yolk and mix to combine. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can float a metal bowl over a pot of water (medium heat). Stir repeatedly in order to keep the eggs from getting too hot. If that happens, you could end up with lumpy scrambled eggs. Cook 5 – 8 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and corn starch. Cook, stirring, for 8 minutes.
- Add butter and salt, cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit to cool for about an hour.
- To cool, put into fridge for at least 4 hours, or overnight.