I love the classic Italian pasta salad. I look forward to pasta salad as soon as it turns spring, and then enjoy throughout summer. Instead of using pasta and sliced pepperoni, I like to have small components because I think it helps give you that perfect bite. Because of that, I use diced pepperoni and farro. This is a great option as a side dish or to bring into work for lunches!
Farro Italian Pasta Salad
- 1/2 Cup Farro
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/2 TB Olive oil
- 1/4 Cup Pepperoni diced, from a pepperoni link
- 1/4 Cup Banana peppers Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Mozzarella pearls cut in halves or quarters
- 1 Cup Spinach Fresh, packed
- 2 TB Italian dressing of choice
- Cook farro according to the package.
- Add 1/2 TB of olive oil, stir and then let cool to room temperature.
- Add pepperoni, banana peppers, mozzarella and the Italian dressing. Stir well to combine.
- Serve as a perfect side, or separate into 2 servings and pack for tomorrow's lunch.