Peanut butter banana crepes are a satisfying way to start the day. The rich and creamy peanut butter filling matches well with the sliced banana. The crunch of the crushed peanuts fives you a much needed textural element. I hope you enjoy!
Peanut Butter Banana Crepes
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Milk Use Soy milk if dairy free
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoons Butter Smart balance if dairy free
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Oz Cream Cheese Tofutti Cream Cheese if dairy free
- 1 TB Peanut Butter
- 1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Add batter ingredients to the blender and mix well. Some people say to mix the eggs and flour together first, but when my kids start screaming for food, nah, I just dump.
- Heat a medium sized pan over medium and spray with a little cooking oil. Spoon some batter and twirl the pan so that the batter coats the bottom of the pan, it’s about 1/3 of a cup.
- Wait until it doesn’t look “wet” anymore, about 2 minutes, and then flip.
- After another 1 minute, slide off onto a plate. I've found that after you spray the pan for the first crepe, you don't need to spray again. But that first time, definitely spray.
- For the filling, combine the cream cheese (whether using Tofutti for dairy-free or regular cream cheese), vanilla, powdered sugar and peanut butter. Beat until smooth.
- Lay one of the crepes on a plate and add a line of filling down the center of the crepe.
- Arrange your banana slices on top of the peanut butter cream cheese filling.
- Roll the crepe into a log.
- To serve, drizzle chocolate sauce on top along with some of the toasted nuts. Enjoy!
Serving: 4g | Calories: 546kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 200mg | Sodium: 791mg | Potassium: 261mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 695IU | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 4.5mg