Buffalo chicken patties are a fantastic way to make the classic dip more portable. The crunchy texture from frying gives you that tortilla chip crunch. You can eat as is, or dip in ranch, heck you can also add it to a bun with some potato chips for a perfect sandwich.
Buffalo Chicken Patties
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/8 T Black pepper
- 1/4 T Onion powder
- 1/4 T Garlic powder
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 12 oz Can of white meat chicken
- 1 TB Hot sauce
- 2 TB Cream cheese
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 Cup Ranch For dipping
- Setup your breading station: In one bowl, add the bread crumbs, onion salt, garlic powder and pepper. In a second bowl add the egg and milk.
- For the chicken mixture: In a large bowl, add cream cheese and mash smooth with a fork. Add chicken, cheddar cheese and hot sauce. Mix to combine well.
- Form chicken mixture into ping pong sized balls.
- Press each ball into the bread crumbs to form a patty, and then coat the other side with bread crumbs. Dip the patty into the egg/milk mixture, coating both sides, and then back into the bread crumbs (coat both sides.) Put on a plate and finish the remaining patties.
- Put plate into the freezer for 30 minute prior to frying.
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium. Let the oil heat for a few minutes. You want to make sure the patties sizzle when you add them.
- Add patties to the pan and fry until the bottom is golden brown and crunchy, about 4-5 minutes. Flip over and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate and salt. Enjoy!