My strawberry sorbet is something I love making right after we go pick strawberries. We get home, I clean them and then make sorbet. To me, this really does usher in summer for my family. But I don't stop once summer's over. It's something that I have to make year round since it is a great dairy free dessert.
- Ice Cream Maker
- 2 Cup Water
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 6 Cups Strawberries
- Add your sugar and water into a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes. You're just looking to dissolve all the sugar into the water, so as soon as you've done, that you're done. This called a simple syrup.
- As you let this cool rinse your strawberries and put into a blender.
- While the simple syrup is warm (no longer hot scolding hot), add it to the blender. Let it sit for a couple minutes, then turn the blender on high and let it whirl.
- After a couple minutes turn the blender off and strain your mixture through a chinois or any other fine-mesh strainer. This may take a few minutes because you really have to push the mixture through with a rubber spatula.
- Put the strawberry mixture into the fridge and let cool. I do it overnight.
- To make the sorbet, pour the strawberry mixture into your ice cream maker and turn it on. Churn the sorbet base until it freezes, about 10 minutes.
- And that's it! You will have your very own sweet summery strawberry sorbet. Serve immediately, and freeze the remaining