The first time I tried a reuben sandwich was in college. I remember thinking there was no way my love for sauerkraut would ever transfer to sandwich form, but I gave it a try anyway. I realized a couple things that day, first, there’s nothing that can’t be added to a sandwich and second, I absolutely loved ruebens. To this day, it is one of my favorite sandwiches to make at home or grab from the deli. This recipe takes all those flavors and puts it in quesadilla form. I hope you enjoy!
- 15 oz Can of Sauerkraut
- 4 Slices of Swiss Cheese
- 8 Tortilla Wraps
- 4 TB Thousand Island Dressing
- 2 Oz. Sliced Beef cold cuts
- 2 TB Butter
- Spread a very thin layer of butter on one side of the tortilla, and place butter side down on a griddle or large pan.
- Add the deli beef, cheese, sauerkraut, a little salt and then drizzled Thousand Island dressing.
- Spread a very thin layer of butter on one side of a second tortilla, and place butter side up, on top of the filling.
- Once you add the top of the quesadilla, carefully flip the entire quesadilla over. Cook for an additional 5 – 7 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and use a pizza cutter to cut the quesadilla into 6 or 8 different sections.
- And there you go! Reuben quesadilla! Enjoy!