Cilantro pasta is something that I had when my wife and I went to Ixtapa Mexico. We were shown to a table on the edge of a cliff, with an amazing view of the ocean. Sure I was terrified every time I looked down at the 80 foot drop, but that’s what margaritas are for. The way the cilantro adds a brightness to the creamy pasta is so refreshing. I add shrimp to my version, but feel free to leave them out. I really hope you enjoy!
Creamy Cilantro Pasta with Shrimp
- 1 pound Pasta
- 1 bunch Cilantro stems and all- 1 cup
- 1/3 cup Cream
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 T Salt
- 1/2 TB butter
- 28 Shrimp
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add cilantro, milk and cream to a pot over medium heat. Simmer for 10 minutes, and then let cool for another 5 minutes.
- While the cilantro mixture is cooling, add pasta to the water
- Add the cream mixture to a blender and puree for 2 to 3 minutes. Strain mixture through a fine mesh strainer. Add to a pan over medium heat.
- Drain your pasta, reserving 1 cup of the water.
- Add pasta to the cilantro cream and coat. Keep over low heat until you cook the shrimp, and add pasta water to thin if necessary.
- Add 1 TB butter to a separate pan over medium heat for the shrimp.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for a 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve by adding the pasta to a plate and cover with shrimp. Enjoy!