I I fell in love with this sauce while in Hong Kong. It was used a lot. I saw it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The bright and fresh flavor you get from the sauce, that's why I make this at least once a month. I'm a condiment guy, and this one, it's in my top 5.
Ginger and Scallion Sauce
- 5 stalks Scallion
- 1 knob Ginger 3 inch section
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1/3 Cup Grapeseed oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Put all ingredients, other than the oil, into a small baking sheet (it can be a ceramic bowl, or anything that won't break or crack under high heat.)
- Pour oil into a pot over medium-high heat for 6 minutes or until the oil is just about smoking.
- Carefully remove the oil from the heat, and pour over the ingredients in the baking dish. Be careful! The ingredients will sizzle and bubble a little (my kids love this part, ranks up there with baking soda volcano and flambé.)
- Let ingredients rest/cook for 10 minutes until room temperature.
- Add all contents to a blender and puree until smooth, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- You're ready to serve enjoy!