I cook with pumpkin year round, but the winter is when I really crave it. These pumpkin waffles are one of my failsafe recipes to enjoy this flavor. The caramel maple syrup and toasted pecans add a sweet crunch to this breakfast treat.
- 1/2 T Vanilla
- 2 TB Oil
- 2 Eggs whites separated
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 3/4 cup Pumpkin
- 2 cup Pancake mix dry - boxed
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 T Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 T Salt
Maple Caramel Sauce
- 1/4 cup Caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup real
- 1/3 to Pecans Toasted
- Whipped cream
- Heat your waffle pan.
- To the first bowl, add all your dry ingredients to a bowl and mix.
- To the second bowl, add the milk, pumpkin, egg yolks, oil
- To the third bowl, add the egg whites. With a hand blender, beat the eggs until peaks start to form. This makes the waffles a little more airy and fluffy.
- Mix the wet ingredients (bowl #2) into the dry ingredients.
- Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Add batter to your waffle iron. Cook according to the waffle iron's instructions, usually 6-9 minutes.
- Add your pecans to a pan and toast.
- Add the caramel and maple syrup together and mix.
- Once the waffle is done, sprinkle the waffle with the pecans and drizzle with the maple syrup mixture. Add a dollop of whipped cream and enjoy!
Calories: 418kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 133mg | Sodium: 868mg | Potassium: 361mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 2220IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 248mg | Iron: 2mg