My mom’s mashed potatoes are legendary. They're rich, smooth, and sooooooo amazing. If you’ve struggled with gritty or soggy mashed potatoes, this is your answer!
My Mother’s Mashed Potatoes
- 3 Russet potatoes
- 2 TB Butter
- 2 TB Milk
- 2 TB Sour cream
- 1 T Salt
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch cubes
- Add them to a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 12 minutes, or until you can easily push a knife through a piece.
- Drain the water and return the potatoes to the pot.
- Use a hand mixer and beat the potatoes until all the chunks are broken up, about a minute.
- Add butter, milk and sour cream. Beat on low for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Done! Yep, it’s that simple.
Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 1448mg | Potassium: 541mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg