French toast is so simple and so very satisfying on a cold winter day. This recipe highlights my addiction with cherry pie filling. Seriously, I can eat it out of a can. The Cream cheese topping makes the whole meal rich and creamy. I hope you enjoy!
French Toast with Cream Cheese Frosting and Cherry Pie Filling
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/4 T Cinnamon
- 2 oz Cream cheese
- 1/2 T Vanilla
- 1 Cup Powdered sugar
- 12 oz Cherry pie filling
- 1 loaf Bread good bread from bakery
For the French Toast:
- Cut bread into 1 inch slices.
- Mix egg, milk and cinnamon in a medium baking dish, or an eight inch round.
- Lay a couple bread slices flat in the mixture and soak for a minute on each side.
- Heat a large pan or griddle to medium and spray pan with Pam.
- Add your bread and cook on each side for 4 to 5 minutes. You want to get it to be a nice golden brown color (but not too dark.)
For the Cream Cheese Topping:
- Beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl with a hand mixer.
- Once smooth and creamy, add vanilla and 1/3 cup of powdered sugar. Beat over low speed until the powdered sugar is mixed in.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar until it has all been incorporated.
- cover your french toast with a thin layer of the cream cheese topping and then cover with the cherry pie filling (or fruit sauce of choice.)
- That's it, a great way to start the day