Cacio e Pepe is something that I had for the first time while in Tuscany. It was so flavorful, and so very simple. I’m not a huge fan of black pepper, but I love the way it stands out in this dish. I hope you enjoy!
Cacio e Pepe
- 1 cup Parmesan
- 2 TB Butter
- 1/2 T Pepper
- 1/4 T Salt
- 1 cup Pasta water
- 1 pound Pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add pasta. Cook according to box.
- A few minutes before the pasta is ready, add your butter to a pan over medium heat.
- After the butter has melted add your pepper.
- Drain your pasta, reserving 1 cup of the water.
- Add your pasta to the pan with the butter and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and add your cheese. Toss the pasta to coat. Add additional pasta water if necessary.
Calories: 571kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 897mg | Potassium: 286mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 370IU | Calcium: 323mg | Iron: 2mg