My barbecue spring wrap is a great summertime recipe that allows you to ditch the carbs and calories of a bun by using rice wrappers. It's easy to assemble (the first 1 or 2 can be tricky), easy to transport and it's not as messy as a normal barbecue chicken sandwich. I hope you this compact barbecue option.
BBQ Chicken Spring Roll
- 1 Pound BBQ Chicken just cooked, leftover or store bought
- 12 Rice wrappers
- 1 Cup Coleslaw
- 1/2 Cup BBQ sauce
- Soak 1 rice wrapper in water for 20 seconds
- Remove to a cutting board and lay a mound of chicken in the center of the wrapper.
- Cover the chicken with coleslaw and then drizzle your favorite barbecue sauce on top.
- Roll the wrap like a burrito. Start by folding the edge closest to you over the filling. When you fold it over the filling, you want to tuck that edge under the filling. You're trying to make a very tight log. Next, fold the two sides in on top of the rap and tightly rolled the wrap over the last remaining side of the rice paper. Like I said, it does take you a couple times to get the hang of it (if you would like a video on how to roll the wrap just let me know and I will post one.)
- And that's it! A perfect rice wrapped BBQ meal. I did have a couple additional points:
- Once you've rolled the wraps, make sure you don't put them on top of each other (or beside), as they will stick. I did this the first time I made them, and it turned into one big ball of rice wrapper. My kids thought it was hilarious, but did they eat it? Heck no. Don't make that mistake.
- If you wanted, you can always deep fry the wraps after you have them rolled.