Growing up, my mom would make an amazing pasta sauce. I would eat until I was on the verge of bursting. She still makes it today, but I have to fight for leftovers. So I came up with this recipe, which is a very close recreation of that meal. The only difference is that I substitute the ground beef with ground turkey (but you really can’t tell.) I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Ground Turkey Meat Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/3 cup Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 pound Ground turkey 85/15
- 1 tablespoon Tomato paste
- 29 oz. Tomato sauce
- 3/4 tablespoon Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Basil
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Add olive oil to a pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté for 6 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Add the turkey meat and break up with your wooden utensil. Cook until no longer pink, about 7 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and mix into the meat until no clumps of paste are left over. Cook for a couple minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, basil, oregano, sugar and salt. Stir to combine. Cook uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The sauce will thicken similar to a Bolognese sauce and that's it!! Serve over buttered pasta and enjoy! Super simple supper