So no matter where you go in Columbus you're bound to run into Italian sausage. Whether you're looking for a bite around the Horseshoe after the Buckeyes play or you're at the Ohio State Fair, you're going to find it. It's a staple. And the normal is a combination of onions, peppers and a white creamy sauce (a mixture of ranch and mayonnaise.) I hope you enjoy!
Columbus Italian Sausage with Peppers
- 1 TB Vegetable oil
- 1/2 Large onion cut into strips
- 1 Red pepper cut into strips
- 4 Italian sausages
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Ranch
- 4 Italian buns
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a pan over medium heat.
- Mix the ranch and mayo together to make the sauce, set aside.
- Add your onions and peppers and saute for about 15 minutes. You want them to have some color.
- Meanwhile add your Italian sausages to the grill and cook for 12 minutes over medium high heat.
- Once the sausages are done, place them on a bun and cover with the peppers and onions. Add the sauce on top of everything and get a taste of Columbus.