Growing up, one of the best things about summer was getting fresh picked corn from a nearby farm. It is so sweet and crisp, I loved it. I remember my dad would stop and grab 10 ears for less than a couple bucks, and then head back a day or two later. We had corn coming out of our ears (sorry, had to...) One thing that we never did, but I really enjoy now, is grilling the corn. It's a perfect adder to a summer salad with MIND healthy grape tomatoes and spinach. To add a little crunch, I add just a little bacon and serve with a bacon vinaigrette.
Grilled Corn Salad
- 2 Cups Spinach fresh
- 5 Ears of corn shucked
- 5 Slices Bacon
- 1 pint Grape tomatoes halved
- 2 TB Bacon vinaigrette
- Heat your grill to a medium high heat.
- Place shucked (I love that word) corn ears on the grates and grill, turning a few times for 10-12 minutes.
- Bring the corn inside and cut the corn off the cob.
- Place in a bowl and add your spinach, grape tomatoes and bacon.
- Drizzle with the dressing and enjoy