A vinaigrette made with bacon, whoever first came up with this one should have a state named after them. Here's my recipe.
- 5 slices Bacon
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Grape seed Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Place bacon on a cold pan, then turn heat to medium. Flip the bacon to crisp both sides and render fat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and remove the bacon. You can eat it now or set aside for another meal.
- Deglaze the pan with the vinegar and then quickly pour through a chinois or fine mesh strainer to remove the bits of bacon in the pan.
- Pour the warm liquid into your dressing container and add the garlic.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- That’s it! Bacony goodness!
Calories: 67kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 370mg | Potassium: 40mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 1mg