This is my good to sauce recipe. I use MIND Diet ingredients, strawberries, blackberries and raspberries to create a sauce for any dessert or some breakfast dishes.
A Berry Good Sauce
- 1 1/2 Cup Strawberries
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 1 Cup Blackberries
- 4 TB Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 T Corn starch
- Rough chop your strawberries and add them, with the blackberries and raspberries, to a small sauce pot.
- Add water and sugar, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- The sauce will be runny at this point. Remove 1/3 cup of the sauce into a bowl and add the corn starch. Mix until all clumps of corn starch are gone. Return this mixture to the sauce.
- Continue to simmer for another 6 minutes.
- That's it! Enjoy over ice cream or over your morning yogurt
Calories: 66kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 124mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 51IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg